The Global Players have taken 1st place on the men's and women's side-- RA-RA GP!
I am still incredibly sore from all these games and the constant walking isn't helping much. Tonight I will be fashioning my first place medal for all to see. It already got us a free tram ride so I want to see what else I can finagle out of it.
I am learning that European laxers are hilarious. During our celebratory photo shoot after the final game, a member of a British team ran to us with her beer and before we knew it she was down on one knee as my coach poured her beer into her mouth. I can't even explain some of the conversations I have had with players on the field-- they're so funny!
Also, I think it has to be mentioned that last night I had to check the top shelf of a locker in our room for a converter (picture a high school locker) and so I stood on the floor of it to give myself a few inches in order to see. Well, the lockers are not mounted to the wall or ground so slowly but surely the locker started to fall. Next thing I knew I was on the floor with two lockers on top of me, unable to move. It gets worse. I yell for help and another roommate was luckily on her way down the hall. She responded to my SOS call and came to my rescue... but not alone. She was accompanied by 4 British men who were staying at the hostel. If you can imagine what 4 Brits sound like when they are dying laughing while attempting to remove the lockers from my mangled body, you can picture the hilarity of the situation. Fortunately, I walked away without a scratch. Contents of the locker are still being found around the location of impact. #success.
That's it for now! Sorry Mom and Dad...


No comments:
Post a Comment